- 150 gm firm ricotta
- 100 ml milk
- 40 gm melted butter, plus extra for pan
- 1 egg and 1 egg yolk
- 80 gm self-raising flour
- 20 gm icing sugar, sieved, plus extra to dust
- Finely grated rind of 1 orange (reserve juice for roast rhubarb)
- To serve: vanilla or cinnamon ice-cream
- 400 gm rhubarb (about 1 bunch), cut into 5cm lengths
- 120 gm caster sugar
- Juice of 1 orange and ½ lemon
- 2 cinnamon quills
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 1For roast rhubarb, preheat oven to 220C. Combine ingredients in a bowl, stirring well to coat, then spread in a roasting pan lined with baking paper and bake until tender (15-20 minutes). Set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, whisk ricotta, milk, butter and eggs in a bowl to combine, then whisk in remaining ingredients and a pinch of salt. Brush a 22cm-diameter frying pan generously with melted butter and heat over medium-high heat, pour in ricotta mixture, smooth top and cook until base is golden and bubbles appear on the surface (4-5 minutes). Transfer to oven and bake until top sets (2-3 minutes), turn and finish cooking on stovetop until puffed and cooked through (4-5 minutes). Serve hot, topped with roast rhubarb and ice-cream, dusted with icing sugar.