- 2 tsp finely chopped oregano and thyme
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 2½ tbsp olive oil
- 8 skinless chicken thigh fillets (about 120gm each)
- 4 rindless bacon rashers, coarsely chopped
- 60 ml dry white wine
- 150 ml chicken stock
Brussels sprouts slaw
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar, or to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 golden shallot, thinly sliced
- ½ garlic clove, finely chopped
- 350 gm Brussels sprouts, finely sliced
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 40 gm finely grated parmesan
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Combine herbs, garlic, rind and 1½ tbsp oil in a bowl and season to taste. Place chicken skin-side down on a work surface and spread herb mixture over. Roll loosely and secure with toothpicks.
- 2Heat remaining oil in a large ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat, add bacon and stir occasionally until starting to brown (1-2 minutes), then transfer to a plate. Add chicken and brown well all over (2-3 minutes), then return bacon to pan, add wine and simmer until reduced by half (1-2 minutes). Add stock, season to taste, bring to the boil, then transfer to oven to cook through (2-3 minutes).
- 3For Brussels sprouts slaw, combine vinegar, lemon juice, shallot and garlic in a large bowl, season to taste and set aside for shallot to soften (1-2 minutes). Add Brussels sprouts, oil and parmesan, toss to combine and serve alongside chicken, bacon and pan juices.