- 370 gm (2 cups) toasted buckwheat (see note)
- 4 green zucchini, thinly sliced lengthways
- 400 gm smoked trout, bones removed, coarsely flaked
- 1 cup (loosely packed) each flat-leaf parsley and dill, coarsely torn
- 2 lemons, finely grated rind only
- 50 ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1Rinse buckwheat well under cold running water, drain well, then cook in boiling salted water until just tender (8-10 minutes). Drain, refresh under cold running water and transfer to a tray to cool to room temperature.
- 2Meanwhile, heat a char-grill pan to high heat. Brush zucchini with oil, season to taste and grill until golden, turning once (2-3 minutes each side). Combine in a bowl with buckwheat, trout, herbs and rind. Add oil and juice, toss to combine, season to taste and serve with crème frâiche, if using.
Toasted buckwheat is available from selected health-food shops. If unavailable, substitute regular buckwheat.
This recipe is from the December 2009 issue of
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am