Tofu adds protein to this super-quick refreshing salad, but if you'd like to bulk it up a bit more, add some sliced raw salmon or grilled prawns right off the barbie.
- 600 gm silken tofu, cut into 3cm pieces
- 600 gm watermelon, cut into triangles
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved and coarsely chopped
- 4 small radishes, thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1 cup soft herbs, such as Thai basil, coriander and mint (loosely packed)
Nahm jim dressing
- 100 ml lime juice, plus finely grated rind of 1 lime
- 3-4 birdseye chillies, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 3 makrut (kaffir) lime leaves, stems removed, coarsely chopped
- 2 lemongrass stalks (white part only), finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1For nahm jim dressing, process ingredients in a blender until smooth and season to taste.
- 2Divide tofu, watermelon, cucumber and radish among serving plates, drizzle with nahm jim dressing, scatter with herbs and fried shallots and serve with lime wedges.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am