- 30 ml olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs (about 190gm each), bone in, skin on
- 4 baby fennel bulbs, thinly sliced lengthways
- 150 gm chat potatoes, very thinly sliced (2mm)
- 1 Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp dry chilli flakes, or to taste
- 400 gm canned cherry tomatoes
- 125 ml dry white wine
- 100 gm black olives, such as Ligurian
- ½ cup coarsely torn flat-leaf parsley
- 1Heat olive oil in a large casserole over medium-high heat, add chicken thighs, skin-side down, and cook until browned (2-3 minutes), then transfer to a plate.
- 2Add fennel, potato, onion, garlic and chilli to casserole, stir occasionally until onion is tender (3-4 minutes). Return chicken to pan skin-side up with tomato, wine and 200ml hot water, season to taste. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low-medium, cover and simmer until chicken is tender (15-20 minutes). Stir through olives, lemon juice and parsley, check seasoning and serve immediately with bread.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am