- For deep-frying: vegetable oil
- 6 corn tortillas
- 200 gm cooked spanner crab meat, drained
- 50 gm Kenko mayonnaise (see note)
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- To serve: hot sauce and lime halves
- 2 green jalapeños, finely diced (seeds removed; optional)
- ½ white onion, finely diced
- ½ cup coriander, coarsely chopped, plus extra leaves to garnish
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1Heat 6cm oil in a wide deep saucepan over high heat to 190C. Add tortillas one at a time and fry, turning occasionally, until bubbled, golden and crisp (2-3 minutes). Remove with tongs and drain on paper towels.
- 2For jalapeño salsa, combine ingredients in a bowl and season well with salt.
- 3Combine crab and mayonnaise in a bowl and season to taste.
- 4Place tostadas on plates, top with crab mayonnaise, spoon jalapeño dressing over, scatter with radish and extra coriander leaves and serve with hot sauce and limes.
Note Kenko mayonnaise is a brand of Japanese mayonnaise available from Asian grocers. We love its flavour in this dish, but you can substitute your choice of mayonnaise.