- 400 ml coconut milk
- Seasonal fruit, such as 4 mangosteens, ½ papaya, 1 small mango, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 young coconut, flesh removed
- To serve: crushed ice
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, very finely sliced
Palm sugar syrup
- 100 gm light palm sugar, crushed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1For palm sugar syrup, pour 60ml boiling water over palm sugar in a bowl, stand for 2 minutes, then stir to dissolve. Set aside to cool, then add lime juice.
- 2Stir coconut milk and a large pinch of sea salt in a bowl to combine. Divide fruit and coconut flesh among serving bowls, top with lots of shaved ice, drizzle with salted coconut milk and palm sugar syrup to taste, scatter with kaffir lime leaf and serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsA year-round travel guide to Austria's western AlpsYesterday 12:00am