- 350 gm baby green beans, topped
- 3 300gm tuna steaks (about 2.5cm thick), halved
- 250 gm truss cherry tomatoes, separated
- 1 butter lettuce, trimmed, leaves separated, washed and dried
- 150 gm preserved artichoke hearts in olive oil, drained, quartered
- 1 tbsp small capers
- 60 gm small black olives
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 3 anchovy fillets, halved lengthways
- 100 ml olive oil
- ½ clove of garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup firmly packed basil leaves
- 1½ tbsp aged white wine vinegar
- 1For dressing, process oil, garlic and basil in a small food processor until very finely chopped, then, just before serving, whisk in vinegar and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2Cook green beans in boiling salted water until almost tender, then drain. Refresh in iced water and drain again.
- 3Brush tuna steaks lightly on both sides with oil. Heat a heavy-based griddle or frying pan until very hot and cook tuna, in batches, for 1½ minutes on each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Remove tuna from pan and cool slightly. Add tomatoes to same pan, cover with a lid and, shaking pan occasionally, cook for 2-3 minutes or until tomatoes are just soft and the skins have burst.
- 4Toss green beans with 2 tbsp dressing. Place lettuce leaves over the base of 6 shallow bowls, then top with green beans, cooked tomatoes, artichokes, capers, olives and egg quarters. Place tuna pieces over salad with anchovies, drizzle with remaining dressing and serve immediately.