- 350 gm baby green beans, topped
- 3 300gm tuna steaks (about 2.5cm thick), halved
- 250 gm truss cherry tomatoes, separated
- 1 butter lettuce, trimmed, leaves separated, washed and dried
- 150 gm preserved artichoke hearts in olive oil, drained, quartered
- 1 tbsp small capers
- 60 gm small black olives
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 3 anchovy fillets, halved lengthways
- 100 ml olive oil
- ½ clove of garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup firmly packed basil leaves
- 1½ tbsp aged white wine vinegar
- 1For dressing, process oil, garlic and basil in a small food processor until very finely chopped, then, just before serving, whisk in vinegar and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2Cook green beans in boiling salted water until almost tender, then drain. Refresh in iced water and drain again.
- 3Brush tuna steaks lightly on both sides with oil. Heat a heavy-based griddle or frying pan until very hot and cook tuna, in batches, for 1½ minutes on each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Remove tuna from pan and cool slightly. Add tomatoes to same pan, cover with a lid and, shaking pan occasionally, cook for 2-3 minutes or until tomatoes are just soft and the skins have burst.
- 4Toss green beans with 2 tbsp dressing. Place lettuce leaves over the base of 6 shallow bowls, then top with green beans, cooked tomatoes, artichokes, capers, olives and egg quarters. Place tuna pieces over salad with anchovies, drizzle with remaining dressing and serve immediately.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm