- 12 1cm-thick slices veal girello (eye round)
- 1 celery heart
- 2 ruby grapefruit, segmented
- 2 spring onions
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp celery seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1Working with one piece at a time, place veal slices between pieces of plastic wrap, and, using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound until paper thin.
- 2Using a mandolin or sharp knife, thinly slice celery heart lengthways and spring onions widthways, then place both in a bowl with and grapefruit segments and gently combine.
- 3Place spices in a mortar, and, using a pestle, pound until finely crushed, then add 1 tbsp sea salt and combine well.
- 4Place veal in a single layer on 6 plates, top with ruby grapefruit and celery salad. Sprinkle with spice mixture, drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and serve immediately.
Drink Suggestion: A lighter pink wine made from pinot noir or gamay grapes.