- 60 ml olive oil (¼ cup)
- 100 gm flat pancetta, thinly sliced and cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 bunches baby leeks, trimmed, peeled and rinsed well
- 250 ml chicken stock (1 cup)
- 125 ml dry white wine (½ cup)
- ¼ cup thyme leaves (loosely packed)
- 400 gm kipfler potatoes
- 30 gm butter
- ¼ cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- 800 gm veal backstrap, cut into 4 pieces and flattened slightly with a meat mallet
- 1Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add pancetta and cook for 2 minutes or until starting to colour. Add leeks and cook for 3 minutes or until starting to wilt, then add stock, wine and thyme and season to taste. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and cook for 15 minutes or until leek is tender and sauce reduced.
- 2Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain, add butter and parsley and season to taste. Keep warm.
- 3Meanwhile, in a separate frying pan, heat remaining oil and cook veal, in batches, for 3 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Season to taste. Serve with leeks and potatoes.