- 800 gm small kipfler potatoes, scrubbed
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 kg black mussels, scrubbed and bearded
- 125 ml dry white wine
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 bunch of chives, finely chopped
- ½ cup French tarragon leaves
- 250 gm cooked blue swimmer crab meat
- 1Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 15 minutes or until tender, drain and cool slightly, then cut into bite-size pieces.
- 2Heat oil in a large saucepan, add shallots and cook over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes or until soft. Add mussels and stir to coat in shallot mixture, then add wine and cook, covered, over high heat for 2 minutes or until mussels open. Remove from heat, cool slightly.
- 3Using a slotted spoon, remove mussels from pan and reserve liquid. Remove mussel meat and place in a bowl, discarding shells.
- 4Add mustard to reserved liquid and stir to combine, then season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add mussels, potatoes, herbs and crabmeat to pan, toss gently to combine, then serve immediately.