- 1 Spanish onion
- 150 gm ciabatta, crust removed and bread coarsely torn
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1.2 kg piece seedless watermelon, peeled and thinly sliced
- 250 gm haloumi, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup firmly packed mint leaves, coarsely torn
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds, toasted
- 1Using a mandolin, thinly shave onion and combine in a large bowl with bread, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and 2 tsp red wine vinegar and toss to combine.
- 2Arrange watermelon among bowls or on a platter, scatter with bread and haloumi and place onion and mint on top. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then drizzle with remaining olive oil and red wine vinegar and serve, sprinkled with fennel seeds.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesBeef koftas with green couscous and pistachio nutsYesterday 12:00am