It's peak season for kale and broccoli - and time for a great crunchy and textural winter salad.
- 2 tbsp each sunflower seeds and sesame seeds
- 1 bunch kale, stalks removed, leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 small head broccoli (about 350gm), thinly shaved on a mandolin
- 2 small pink lady apples, unpeeled, cut into matchsticks
- ½ cup (firmly packed) mint
- A handful of mixed sprouts (such as mung bean, onion and chickpea)
- 60 gm tahini
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1Dry-roast sunflower and sesame seeds (1-2 minutes). Set aside.
- 2For sesame dressing, whisk ingredients in a bowl to combine and season to taste.
- 3Rub kale with your hands to soften slightly, then combine in a bowl with broccoli, apple and mint. Add sesame dressing, toss to combine, then add seeds and sprouts and serve.