- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp fennel seeds, coarsely crushed
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, coarsely crushed
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 60 ml olive oil, plus extra for drizzling (¼ cup)
- 70 gm thick plain yoghurt, plus extra to serve (¼ cup)
- 4 chicken Marylands, halved through the joint, skin slashed
Quinoa, carrot and fennel slaw
- 175 gm quinoa
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground chilli
- 1½ large carrots, cut into julienne
- 1 fennel bulb, shaved on a mandolin, placed in iced acidulated water
- Juice of 1½ lemons, or to taste
- 80 gm thick plain yoghurt
- ½ cup each mint and coriander, coarsely torn (loosely packed)
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Combine garlic, spices, lemon rind and juice, oil and yoghurt in a bowl, season to taste and rub over chicken. Place chicken skin-side up on an oven tray lined with baking paper, drizzle with extra oil and roast until browned and cooked through (20-25 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, for quinoa, carrot and fennel slaw, cook quinoa in a saucepan of boiling water over medium-high heat until tender (10 minutes), drain and set aside. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, add onion, garlic and chilli, stir until tender (4-5 minutes), add carrot, stir until almost tender (2-3 minutes), transfer to a bowl with quinoa, drained fennel, lemon juice and yoghurt and toss to combine. Add herbs just before serving. Serve with chicken.
This recipe is from the November 2012 issue of .
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- ExplainersHow to make fresh pasta (it's easier than you think)Yesterday 3:00am