- 200 gm goat’s curd
- 2 tbsp chopped herbs, such as flat-leaf parsley, chives and chervil
- 3 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 16 zucchini flowers, pistils removed
- 75 gm plain flour (½ cup)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 210 gm fresh breadcrumbs, toasted in oven until golden (3 cups)
- 60 ml olive oil (¼ cup)
- 60 gm unsalted butter, coarsely chopped
- To serve: lemon wedges
- 1Combine goat’s curd, herbs and anchovy fillets in a bowl and season to taste with freshly ground black pepper. Place a heaped teaspoon of goat’s curd mixture in each zucchini flower, twisting tips of petals to seal.
- 2Dip each flower in flour, shake to remove excess, dip in egg, then coat in breadcrumbs.
- 3Combine oil and butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat and, when butter has melted and oil is hot, shallow-fry flowers in batches, turning occasionally, for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and serve with lemon wedges.