This is a really simple vegetarian dinner that will satisfy everyone, and a no-brainer for the barbecue.
- 60 ml apple cider vinegar (¼ cup)
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- ½ Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 1 long green chilli or jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 250 gm full-cream ricotta
- 100 gm hard mozzarella, coarsely grated
- 80 gm feta, crumbled
- 3-4 splashes Tabasco, or to taste
- 4 zucchini (about 80gm each), thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 8 medium flour tortillas
- 1 cup (loosely packed) basil
- ¼ cup (loosely packed) oregano
- 4 zucchini flowers, torn
- 1Stir sugar into vinegar in a bowl until dissolved. Add onion and chilli, stir to combine, season to taste and set aside to soften (10 minutes).
- 2Combine ricotta, mozzarella, feta and Tabasco in a bowl, season to taste and set aside.
- 3Heat a char-grill pan over medium-high heat. Combine zucchini and olive oil in a bowl. Season to taste and grill half the zucchini, turning occasionally, until golden (1-2 minutes). Set aside. Add lemon rind and juice to remaining zucchini, and drizzle with extra olive oil.
- 4Spread tortillas with ricotta mixture, top 4 with grilled zucchini, scatter with half the basil and oregano and sandwich with remaining tortillas. Grill in batches over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until charred and cheese is melted (3-4 minutes). Serve hot topped with onion mixture, remaining zucchini, basil and oregano, and zucchini flowers.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsA year-round travel guide to Austria's western AlpsYesterday 12:00am