- 3 heads baby cos lettuce
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 lemon, halved
- 250 gm sugar snap peas, trimmed
- ⅔ cup (loosely packed) mint
- Extra-virgin olive oil, to serve
- 1Heat a barbecue to high heat. Separate first few layers of leaves from lettuce, tear into small pieces and transfer to a bowl. Quarter lettuce hearts, drizzle with oil, season to taste and grill cut sides until lightly charred (2-3 minutes). Cool.
- 2Meanwhile, grill lemon until charred (1-2 minutes).
- 3Place sugar snap peas in a bowl, toss with a little oil to coat, season to taste and grill, turning occasionally, until lightly charred (1-2 minutes). Add to lettuce leaves along with lettuce hearts and mint, drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, season to taste and toss to combine, then serve with charred lemon to squeeze over.
Drink suggestion: Barrel-fermented sauvignon blanc. Drink suggestion by Max Allen.