Getting the day off to a great start is easy when there's something flavoursome, nutritious and homemade on hand. During the summer months, simple granolas made with nutritious blends of seeds, nuts and fruits, keep the mornings light and bright. With a touch of sweetness from maple syrup, this breakfast granola bowl has all the makings of a feel-good morning. Just add milk of your choosing or a generous dollop of yoghurt, and you're good to go.
- 150 gm (1 cup) sunflower seeds
- 120 gm (1 cup) pecans, coarsely chopped
- 80 gm (½ cup) almonds
- 1½ tbsp golden flaxseed
- 15 gm puffed quinoa
- 90 gm (¼ cup) maple syrup
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- 50 gm dried banana
- 30 gm (½ cup) dried apple, diced
- 30 gm goji berries
- Milk, nut milk or yoghurt, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 140°C. Combine seeds and nuts in a large bowl. Add maple syrup and cinnamon, then stir to combine. Spread over two baking trays lined with baking paper and bake, swapping trays occasionally, until granola is golden (25-30 minutes). Cool completely (1 hour).
- 2Stir fruit through granola, then serve with milk or yoghurt. The granola will keep stored in an airtight container for 2 weeks.