Fragrant spices, dates and nuts lend a Moroccan flavour to this simple orange salad. It's versatile, working equally well as a side or a dessert.
- 4 chilled oranges, peeled and thinly sliced, plus 2 tbsp orange juice
- 4 chilled medjool dates, pitted and thinly sliced
- 20 gm pistachio nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup
- torn mint, to serve
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 clove
- 1/2 tsp finely grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1For quatre-épices, finely grind ingredients in a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle.
- 2Arrange orange, dates, pistachio nuts and pine nuts on serving plates. Combine malt syrup and orange juice in a jar and shake well to combine, then drizzle dressing over fruit. Scatter with mint and a little quatre-épices and serve.