- 1 kg greek-style yoghurt
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp pepitas
- 50 gm roasted coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- ½ cup (loosely packed) mint leaves, torn
- 1Spoon yoghurt into a muslin-lined sieve over a bowl, cover and refrigerate until whey drains and yoghurt thickens slightly (1-2 hours). Stir in garlic and season to taste.
- 2Dry-roast spices in a small frying pan, stirring occasionally, until toasted (10-20 seconds). Set aside. Add sesame seeds and pepitas to pan and dry-roast, stirring occasionally, until golden and toasted (30-50 seconds). Leave to cool.
- 3Serve yoghurt dip topped with hazelnuts, seeds, spices and mint and drizzled with oil.
Drink suggestion by Rosie Meehan