1. Travelling to multiple destinations is easier than ever. Of course, it's always been the case that a cruise can be the most efficient way to see the world, but thanks to overnight stays and 'off-the-beaten-path' excursions, you can see more with less stress. The fact you don't need to island hop whilst dragging around your luggage enhances the experience dramatically.
2. There's more space than you'd think. Ignore everything you've heard about cruise ships being crammed in with fellow travellers; they're more spacious than you'd ever have imagined. Take the Regal Princess: 19 decks, 1,780 spacious cabins - 1,438 of which come with a private balcony.
3. Self-service buffets are not the only option. Instead, you can expect fine dining and menus curated by culinary stars Curtis Stone and Ernesto Uchimura.
4. People do still dress for dinner, and it always feels decadent. So pack the tux or favourite gown and channel Gatsby to ensure a memorable night.
5. A cruise makes travelling a part of the escape again. If long-haul flights dampen your holiday spirit, then cruising is for you. Sit back, luxuriate and enjoy the calming mindfulness as you sail - when you do decide to disembark, you'll feel re-energised and ready to explore.
6. The choice is yours. In every aspect. Whether that's planning a busy itinerary or having zero on your schedule, trying every cuisine or sticking to a favourite eatery, you're in control. And if there's one thing that's priceless, it's choice.
7. Smaller ships are a thing. If you'd prefer a more intimate experience, simply select a smaller ship. Most fleets have a smaller vessel catering to around 670 passengers. Same great destinations, just at a more peaceful pace.
8. Get closer to nature than you expected. There's something intoxicating about being in a huge stretch of ocean with so much open space around you. Explore the seas on a scuba diving experience, or simply take in the enchanting nighttime sky from your balcony.
9. Planning new experiences comes easily. It's not every holiday that you can balance zen time with a shore excursion to The Ancient City of Sigiriya or St. Mark's Square or sailing in Rhode Island. But that's the beauty of a cruise. You have access to tailor-maid experiences without the hassle of organisation or form-filling yourself. Careful, it's addictive.
10. You'll make memories that last a lifetime. There's no doubt about it, with their breadth of offerings and ability to truly create a bespoke break, cruises make for a memorable, once-in-a-lifetime trip.
This article is presented by Princess Cruises