This is an updated twist on the old but unbeatable, prawn cocktail. All the elements can be prepared ahead and assembled just before serving - be sure to serve it super-chilled.
- ¼ ripe rockmelon, peeled and thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ iceberg lettuce, cut into 6 wedges
- 18 cooked prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- 150 gm (½ cup) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp finely grated horseradish
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1For cocktail dressing, whisk ingredients in a bowl, season to taste and refrigerate.
- 2Combine rockmelon and lime juice and rind in a bowl, season to taste and refrigerate to chill (2-3 hours). Add olive oil and toss gently.
- 3Divide lettuce and melon among bowls, top with prawns, drizzle with dressing, scatter with poppy seeds and mint, and serve with lime wedges.
Drink Suggestion: Off-dry riesling. Drink suggestion by Max Allen