- 1 kg skate wings
- 100 ml red wine vinegar
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves (loosely packed)
- 1 large red onion, finely sliced
- 200 ml olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice and zest only
- ½ cup salted capers, rinsed
- 1Rub skate wings with salt and a little of the vinegar to remove slime. Rinse in cold water. Place skate wings in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Add 2 tbsp of the vinegar, bay leaves, some parsley and salt. Poach the skate wings for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from saucepan and cool. Remove skin from wing and then, using your hands, pull flesh from cartilage in strips, and shred.
- 2Place skate strips in a serving bowl, add remaining ingredients, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and combine well. Serve with crusty bread.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm