We're not making this one up; in fact, we rather like it. Pre-packaged beef stock - Campbell's beef broth in a tin, to be precise - is traditional, though by no means the last word, and should you happen to have some good beef stock to hand put it to use. Originally served cold and long, the Bullshot works nicely made with hot stock and poured into shot glasses as an amuse gueule. Pepper- or coriander seed-infused vodka makes for an interesting twist.
- 1 slice of lemon
- For coating rim: celery salt
- 50 ml Wyborowa vodka
- 120 ml clear beef stock or consommé
- 80 ml fresh cucumber juice (see note)
- 10 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- To taste: tabasco sauce
- To garnish: slender stick of young celery
- 1Wet the rim of an old-fashioned glass with lemon and dip in celery salt to coat.
- 2Combine vodka, stock, juices and Tabasco in a cocktail shaker or mixing glass and shake well. Strain into glass over ice and garnish with a slender stick of young celery.
Note If you don't have a juicer, most juice bars will juice your vegetables for a small fee.