- 300 gm casarecce or orrechiette
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 6 anchovies, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp sultanas
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 350 gm broccoli rabe, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 40 gm pinenuts, roasted (¼ cup)
- To serve: grated pecorino, optional
- 1Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan, add onions and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until soft, then add garlic and anchovies and cook, stirring occasionally, for another 3 minutes or until anchovies dissolve. Sprinkle over sugar, add sultanas and vinegar, stir and cook for 2 minutes or until sultanas are plump. Add broccoli rabe and pinenuts, then cook for 3 minutes or until rabe wilts.
- 2Drain cooked pasta, then add to broccoli rabe in pan and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until well combined. Season to taste with salt and black pepper and serve immediately, with pecorino passed separately, if using.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsWhere to eat, sleep and visit in Melbourne right nowYesterday 8:00pm