You will need to begin this recipe the day before.
- ½ qty <a href='http://www.gourmettraveller.com.au/fresh_pasta.htm'>fresh pasta</a>
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 100 gm butter
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 300 gm cherry tomatoes, halved
- 300 gm salt cod, cut into 5cm pieces and soaked in 3 changes of cold water overnight
- 200 gm Desiree potatoes
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1For baccalà, place salt cod in a large saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil, cook over medium-high heat for 35-40 minutes or until cod flakes. Drain cod, then flake flesh into a large bowl, discarding bones and skin. Meanwhile, cover potatoes in cold salted water, bring to the boil and cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain, peel potatoes and press through a potato ricer. Add potato, onion and parsley to cod, season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir well to combine.
- 2Using a 9cm-diameter cutter, cut circles from pasta. Place a spoonful of baccalà in the centre of each circle, brush edges with egg and fold in half to seal. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Cook agnolotti in batches for 3 minutes and drain.
- 3Meanwhile, combine butter and olive oil in a large frying pan, add tomatoes and cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until tomatoes soften. Season to taste, add agnolotti, toss to combine and serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am