- 9 kipfler potatoes, scrubbed
- 9 biodynamic or free-range eggs (see note)
- 1 kg cooked prawns
- 9 radishes, tops trimmed
- 6 baby carrots, tops trimmed and peeled
- 2 baby fennel, trimmed and cut lengthways into 1cm thick slices
- To serve: crusty bread
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 375 ml extra-virgin olive oil (1½ cups)
- 1For aïoli, combine garlic with a pinch of sea salt in a mortar and, using a pestle, crush to a fine paste. Transfer to a bowl and whisk in egg yolks and mustard, then add olive oil in a thin steady stream, whisking continuously until incorporated, adding a little warm water if aïoli becomes too thick. Season to taste with sea salt. Makes about 2 cups.
- 2Place potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with cold water, bring to the boil over medium heat and simmer gently for 12 minutes or until tender. Place eggs in a separate saucepan, cover with cold water, bring to the boil and cook for 7 minutes, drain and cool under cold running water, then peel and halve lengthways.
- 3To serve, place aïoli in a bowl, arrange ingredients on a large platter and serve with crusty bread on the side.
Note Biodynamic eggs are of a high quality and are available from select greengrocers and health food stores.