This makes a great accompaniment to roast meats.
- 1 Spanish onion, cut into thin wedges
- 400 gm small Jap pumpkin, cut into thin wedges
- 450 gm kipfler potatoes, scrubbed and halved lengthways
- 2 bunches of Dutch carrots, trimmed, scrubbed and halved lengthways
- 1 head of garlic, separated into cloves
- 125 ml extra-virgin olive oil (½ cup)
- 45 ml red wine vinegar
- 120 gm unsliced rye bread, coarsely torn
- 1 head of radicchio, leaves separated and coarsely torn
- 1Preheat oven to 180C. Combine onion, pumpkin, potato, carrot, garlic, 40ml olive oil and 1 tbsp vinegar in a large bowl. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Scatter over the base of a large roasting pan and roast until golden and tender (about 45 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, scatter bread in a single layer over a separate roasting pan. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and season to taste. Roast until golden and toasted (about 10 minutes).
- 3Combine vegetables and bread in a serving bowl. Add radicchio and season to taste. Combine remaining olive oil and vinegar in a small bowl. Season to taste, drizzle over salad, toss to combine and serve immediately.