The chop of all chops, enjoy this classic Italian dish shared at the table. We’ve used black Angus in place of the traditional chianina calf.
- 1 30-day, dry-aged black angus T-bone steak (700gm)
- 1 bunch of rosemary
- 2 tbsp high-quality extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
Tomato and rocket salad
- 600 gm mixed tomatoes
- 3 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1½ tbsp high-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ bunch of rocket, thinly sliced
- 1Season both sides of steak generously with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place half the rosemary on a plate, top with steak, then cover with remaining rosemary. Drizzle over olive oil, cover with plastic wrap and bring to room temperature.
- 2Preheat a chargrill pan over high heat. Remove rosemary, reserving, and cook steak, brushing occasionally with reserved rosemary to keep moist, for 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Cover with foil and rest for 10 minutes in a warm place. Transfer to a plate, drizzle with oil, season and garnish with reserved rosemary.
- 3Meanwhile, for salad, slice larger tomatoes and halve smaller ones, combine with vinegar and oil, season to taste and arrange on a platter with rocket and serve with steak.
Drink Suggestion: Chianti Classico. Drink suggestion by Max Allen