One-pot dishes save on washing up, but even better, flavours mingle into one harmonious meal.
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 spatchcock (about 500gm each), halved lengthways
- 2 litres (8 cups) chicken stock
- 25 gm thinly sliced prosciutto (about 4 slices)
- 450 gm waxy potatoes (such as pink-eye or kipfler), cut into 5cm pieces
- 100 gm chicory, coarsely chopped
- To serve: crusty bread
- 1Heat oil in a deep-sided frying pan over medium-high heat, add spatchcock and cook, turning once, until golden brown (7-8 minutes each side), add chicken stock, prosciutto and potatoes, bring to a simmer and cook over low-medium heat, turning spatchcock once, until just cooked through (18-20 minutes).
- 2Stir through chicory until wilted (3-5 minutes), season to taste. Serve spatchcock and vegetables with crusty bread passed separately.
Drink Suggestion: Juicy red dolcetto. Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am