Andrew McDowell from Adelaide’s Crown & Sceptre seizes the day with this big, easy jug of fun (pictured left).
- 10 strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 90 ml clear apple juice
- 30 ml lime juice
- 150 ml Martin Miller’s gin
- 8 basil leaves, torn
- To taste: Champagne or sparkling wine, chilled
- To serve: basil leaves and cucumber slices
- 1Process strawberries, sugar and juices in a blender until smooth. Pour into a 1 litre-capacity jug over ice, add gin and basil, and stir. Top with Champagne or sparkling wine and serve over ice in tall glasses. Garnish with a basil leaf and a slice of cucumber and serve.