- 6 chicken thigh fillets, skin on (about 1kg)
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, leaves picked, coarsely chopped
- 60 ml extra-virgin olive oil (¼ cup)
- 6 Roma tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 6 burger buns, halved
- 200 gm baby rocket
- 1Preheat oven to 180C. Place chicken in a non-reactive container. Thinly slice 3 cloves of garlic, add to chicken with rosemary, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and drizzle with oil. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours to marinate.
- 2Place remaining garlic on an oven tray and roast for 15 minutes or until soft, then peel and set aside.
- 3Preheat barbecue or chargrill over high heat, add chicken and tomatoes cut-side down. Cook chicken for 5 minutes on each side or until just cooked through and cook tomatoes until just soft.
- 4Toast buns on cut side, spread one half with roast garlic, top with chicken, tomato and rocket, sandwich and serve immediately.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesBeef koftas with green couscous and pistachio nutsYesterday 12:00am