- 60 ml extra-virgin olive oil (¼ cup)
- 900 gm pork belly, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 80 gm pancetta, coarsely chopped
- 125 ml white vermouth (½ cup)
- 1 radicchio, tough outside leaves discarded, cut into wedges
- 300 gm dried conchiglie
- 1Preheat oven to 160C. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large heatproof casserole, add pork and cook over high heat for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer pork to a plate. Add onion, garlic and pancetta to casserole and cook over medium heat for 6 minutes or until onion is tender. Return pork to casserole and add vermouth. Cover and roast for 1½ hours.
- 2Heat remaining olive oil in a large frying pan, add radicchio and cook, turning occasionally, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Remove lid from casserole, add radicchio and cook for 30 minutes or until tender. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 3Meanwhile, cook conchiglie in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente, drain and return to pan. Add pork mixture, toss to combine and serve scattered with parmesan.