- 4 bunches beetroot leaves with stalks
- 20 gm butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 400 ml pouring cream
- 60 gm finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 220C. Cook beetroot leaves in boiling salted water until al dente (1-2 minutes). Drain, then refresh, drain well, squeezing excess moisture from leaves, finely chop, set aside.
- 2Heat butter in a saucepan over high heat, add garlic and cook until tender (1-2 minutes). Add cream, cook over medium-high heat until thickened (4-6 minutes). Add beetroot leaves, stir to combine, scatter with parmesan, transfer to an ovenproof dish and bake until golden and bubbly (10 minutes). Serve hot scattered with extra parmesan.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Destinations72 hours on Flinders Island: what to see, eat and doYesterday 1:11am