- 4 bunches beetroot leaves with stalks
- 20 gm butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 400 ml pouring cream
- 60 gm finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 220C. Cook beetroot leaves in boiling salted water until al dente (1-2 minutes). Drain, then refresh, drain well, squeezing excess moisture from leaves, finely chop, set aside.
- 2Heat butter in a saucepan over high heat, add garlic and cook until tender (1-2 minutes). Add cream, cook over medium-high heat until thickened (4-6 minutes). Add beetroot leaves, stir to combine, scatter with parmesan, transfer to an ovenproof dish and bake until golden and bubbly (10 minutes). Serve hot scattered with extra parmesan.