You’ll need to begin this recipe a day ahead.
- 2 tbsp manzanilla sherry
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 200 gm piece of sashimi-grade tuna
- 200 gm assorted mushrooms, such as king brown, Swiss brown and button, very thinly sliced
- ½ bunch of chives, cut into 10cm lengths
- To serve: lime wedges and extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Combine sherry, sugar and 2 tbsp fine sea salt in a non-reactive dish. Add tuna, turn to coat, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cured (24 hours). Scrape curing mix from tuna and thinly slice.
- 2Place mushrooms and chives on plates, top with tuna, season with freshly ground black pepper, squeeze over lime juice, drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and serve.
Drink Suggestion: A tangy, dry fino. Drink suggestion by Max Allen