- 250 ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- 250 ml (1 cup) coconut milk
- 250 ml (1 cup) coconut cream
- 300 gm skinless chicken breasts, sliced on an angle
- 2 lemongrass stalks, white part only, thickly sliced on an angle
- 4 red shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 birdseye chillies, thinly sliced, plus extra to serve
- 20 gm galangal, thickly sliced
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, coarsely torn
- 2 tbsp fish sauce, or to taste
- 1 tbsp lime juice, or to taste
- 1 tsp palm sugar, or to taste
- To serve: Thai basil
- 1Bring stock, coconut milk and coconut cream to the simmer in a saucepan over medium heat. Add chicken, lemongrass, shallot, chilli, galangal and kaffir lime leaves and simmer until chicken is just cooked through (2-4 minutes). Stir in fish sauce, lime juice and palm sugar, adjust flavours to taste and serve hot scattered with Thai basil and extra chilli.
This recipe is from the August 2012 issue of .
Drink Suggestion: Perfumed off-dry gewürztraminer. Drink suggestion by Max Allen