- 2 limes, halved and thinly sliced
- 12 (about 150gm each) garfish
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper and chipotle chilli mix, or to taste (see note)
White bean salad
- 400 gm canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 avocados, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 small Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup coriander leaves (loosely packed)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 limes, zested rind and juice only
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper and chipotle chilli mix, or to taste (see note)
- 1Heat a chargrill or barbecue grill on high heat. Place lime slices in garfish cavities, brush garfish lightly on both sides with olive oil and season with chilli mix and sea salt. Tie at intervals with cooking twine and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- 2For white bean salad, combine beans, avocado, onion and coriander in a bowl and stir to combine. Combine oil and lime juice and rind in a separate bowl, season to taste with chilli mix and sea salt and whisk to combine. Drizzle a tablespoon of dressing over salad, cover and refrigerate until needed. To serve, arrange garfish on plates with salad and lime wedges and drizzle over remaining dressing.
Note Cracked black pepper and chipotle chilli mix is available from the spice section of supermarkets.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am