- 8 quail, butterflied (about 180gm each)
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 200 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- To serve: lemon wedges
Sauteed Brussels sprouts
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 500 gm Brussels sprouts
- 1Place quail in a single layer in a container, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, scatter with garlic and drizzle with oil. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. Heat a chargrill or barbecue, add quail and grill over medium-high heat for 3 minutes each side or until just cooked through.
- 2Meanwhile, for Brussels sprouts, trim bases and halve or quarter, depending on size. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan, add onion and sauté over medium heat for 2 minutes or until wilted. Add garlic and Brussels sprouts and sauté for 10-15 minutes or until sprouts are tender but firm. Season to taste.
- 3Serve quail with Brussels sprouts and lemon wedges.