- 150 gm honey
- 2½ beurre bosc pears, quartered
- 375 gm sheet of butter puff pastry
- 200 gm double cream
- To taste: honey
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped seeds only
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Cook honey in an 18cm-diameter cake pan over medium-high heat for five minutes or until dark caramel in colour, remove from heat and let bubbles subside. Arrange pears over honey caramel, overlapping slightly, and stand until caramel cools.
- 2Meanwhile, for honey cream, combine ingredients in a bowl, whisk until smooth and set aside.
- 3Using a plate slightly larger than the cake pan as a template, cut a round of pastry. Place over pears, tucking in edges, then bake for 20 minutes or until pastry rises and is dark golden in colour. Stand for 5 minutes, then place a large serving plate over cake pan and carefully invert onto plate (be very careful as the caramel will be hot).