You'll give these ribs a real flavour hit by adding half the garlic and lemon paste prior to cooking and the rest just before serving.
- 1.5 kg lamb rib racks (about 2)
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp thyme leaves
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon, plus 1 tbsp juice
- 30 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 150C. Place rib racks on an oven tray and score meat with a sharp knife.
- 2Pound garlic and a pinch of salt in a mortar and pestle to a fine paste. Stir in thyme, lemon rind, juice and oil. Rub half the garlic mixture over ribs, season to taste and roast until meat falls from the bone (45 minutes-1 hour).
- 3Cut each rack into individual ribs, toss through remaining garlic mixture and serve hot.
Drink Suggestion: Zesty, fruity sauvignon blanc. Drink suggestion by Max Allen