- 125 gm shortbread biscuits
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 30 gm butter, melted
- 250 gm mascarpone
- 300 gm cream cheese, softened
- 90 gm golden caster sugar
- 120 gm mango flesh, coarsely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 limes, juice only
- 2 mangoes
- To serve: lime cheeks
- 1Preheat oven to 150C. Process biscuits and ground ginger in a food processor until finely ground, add butter and mix to combine. Press biscuit mixture into the bases of six 7.5cm-diameter x 6cm-high ring moulds (see note). Place on a baking paper-lined oven tray and refrigerate until required.
- 2Combine mascarpone, cream cheese, sugar, mango flesh, eggs, egg yolk and lime juice in a food processor and process until smooth, then spoon mixture over biscuit base and smooth top. Bake for 20 minutes or until just set. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until completely cold.
- 3To serve, remove cheesecakes from moulds. Thinly slice mango and layer in overlapping slices over top of cheesecake. Serve immediately with lime cheeks.
Note Ring moulds are available from specialist kitchenware stores.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm