- 165 gm white sugar (¾ cup)
- 2 tbsp julienned ginger
- 75 ml green ginger wine
- 2 mangoes, cheeks removed, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 ripe bananas, thickly sliced crossways
- 1 red papaya, seeds removed, thickly sliced
Mango yoghurt sorbet
- 220 gm white sugar (1 cup)
- 650 gm thick natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 100 gm coarsely chopped mango (about ½ mango)
- ½ vanilla bean, scraped seeds only
- 1For mango yoghurt sorbet, combine sugar and ½ cup water in a small saucepan and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves, bring to the boil, then remove from heat and cool. Whisk yoghurt in a bowl until smooth, add ¾ cup sugar syrup and lime juice and whisk to combine. Churn in an ice-cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Meanwhile, process mango, vanilla seeds and a little remaining sugar syrup to taste (you may not need all the syrup, depending upon the natural sweetness of the mango) until smooth. Transfer frozen yoghurt mixture to a bowl, fold through mango purée to form a rippled effect and freeze for 6 hours or until firm. Makes about 1 litre.
- 2Combine sugar, ginger and ¾ cup water in a saucepan and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to the simmer and cook for 10-12 minutes or until ginger is translucent. Remove from heat, add wine and stir to combine, then cool.
- 3Combine fruit in a bowl, pour over enough ginger syrup to coat and toss. Serve fruit and remaining syrup with mango yoghurt sorbet.