- 60 ml peanut oil (¼ cup)
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 50 gm shiitake mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 spears asparagus, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups steamed jasmine rice (see note)
- 2½ cups steamed long-grain rice (see note)
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- To serve: sesame oil
- 1Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok over high heat, add egg and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute or until just cooked, transfer to a plate and set aside. Wash wok under hot water and dry.
- 2Heat remaining oil in wok over medium-high heat, add mushroom and stir-fry for 1 minute. Increase heat to high, add asparagus and stir-fry for 30 seconds, then add rice and egg and stir-fry for 2 minutes, add soy, toss to combine and season to taste with sea salt. Stir through onion, add a few drops of sesame oil and serve.
Note Jasmine and long-grain rice can be cooked together. Recipe shown above with stir-fried chicken and ginger.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- ExplainersEveryone's making sourdough; we're making focacciaYesterday 7:30am
- Fast RecipesSpiced yoghurt chicken with cardamom-coconut pilafYesterday 6:00am