- 225 gm ricotta, drained
- 30 gm dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 50 gm golden caster sugar
- 30 ml orange liqueur, such as Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 1 egg and 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp finely grated orange rind
- 75 gm plain flour (½ cup)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- For deep frying: vegetable oil
- To serve: pure icing sugar
- To serve: honey
- 1Combine ricotta, chocolate, sugar, liqueur, egg, egg mixture and orange rind in a bowl and mix until smooth, add flour and baking powder and mix to combine. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2Heat vegetable oil in a deep saucepan or deep-fryer to 180C. Using 2 teaspoons, form ricotta mixture into rough quenelles and drop in batches into hot oil. Cook for
1-2 minutes or until golden and cooked through, remove using a slotted spoon and drain on absorbent paper. Dust heavily with icing sugar and serve hot, drizzled with honey.