- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 small red chilli, thinly sliced
- 4 pork and fennel sausages, casings removed (about 500gm)
- 4 Roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped (about 500gm)
- 50 gm rocket
- 400 gm dried orecchiette
- To serve: shaved Pecorino
- 1Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, cook onion, garlic and chilli for 5 minutes or until soft. Add sausage to onions and break meat into pieces using the back of a spoon. Increase heat to high and cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes or until sausage is golden and cooked through. Add tomato and rocket, season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until
al dente, drain and return to pan. Add sausage mixture, toss to combine and serve immediately with Pecorino.