This is perfect as a side to roast chicken but also hearty enough to enjoy as a meal in its own right. You'll need to begin this recipe a day ahead.
- 200 gm dried borlotti beans, soaked overnight in cold water
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 80 gm piece of Italian salami, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 small dried red chilli, finely chopped
- 200 gm young cavolo nero
- 1Drain borlotti beans, place in a saucepan, cover with cold water, bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook until tender (45-50 minutes). Drain, set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add garlic and sauté until golden (2-3 minutes). Add salami and chilli, sauté until salami colours (3-4 minutes), add cavolo nero and cook until wilted (3-4 minutes). Toss through beans, season to taste and serve immediately.
Drink Suggestion: Young sangiovese. Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am