In Venice, local lagoon scallops (capesante) are often cooked in a very hot pan with nothing more than a little olive oil, garlic, parsley and lemon juice.
- 8 (about 1kg) scallops in the half shell
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ½ lemon, finely grated rind and juice only
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Scatter scallops with garlic, parsley, lemon rind and drizzle with olive oil. Heat a large cast-iron frying pan over high heat until very hot (4-5 minutes). Add scallops to the pan and cook, shell-side down, until just opaque (3-5 minutes). Drizzle with lemon juice, season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, and serve immediately.
Drink Suggestion: Dry white Soave. Drink suggestion by Max Allen