- 180 gm butter, softened
- 90 gm pure icing sugar
- 80 ml passionfruit juice (see note) (1/3 cup)
- 225 gm plain flour (1½ cups)
- 100 gm cornflour (2/3 cup)
White chocolate and passionfruit ganache
- 90 ml pouring cream
- 45 ml passionfruit juice (see note)
- 2 pieces lemon rind, removed with a peeler
- 180 gm white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1For ganache, combine cream, juice and rind in a saucepan and bring just to the boil over medium-high heat. Place chocolate in a bowl, strain over hot cream mixture, whisk until smooth and refrigerate for 4 hours or until thick.
- 2Beat butter and sugar in an electric mixer until light and fluffy, add juice and combine. Add flours and mix until just combined, then turn onto a floured surface, form into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3Preheat oven to 180C. Roll out pastry to 8mm thick and, using a 3cm-diameter cutter, cut rounds from pastry and place on baking paper-lined oven trays. Press scraps into a ball, re-roll and repeat. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until just golden, cool on trays for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 4Spread half the biscuits with a teaspoon each of ganache, sandwich with remaining biscuits and stand until set. Uniced yo-yos will keep for up to 1 week in an airtight container.
Note To make passionfruit juice, blend passionfruit pulp in a food processor to crack seeds, then strain through a fine sieve. Twelve passionfruit yield about 1 cup of juice.