Serve these pots of rich velvet-textured chocolate with crisp biscuits for dipping - shop-bought cigar biscuits are perfect.
- 250 ml pouring cream (1 cup)
- 250 ml milk (1 cup)
- Scraped seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- 4 egg yolks
- 80 gm raw caster sugar
- 300 gm dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), finely chopped
- To serve: créme fraîche, Dutch-process cocoa and cigar biscuits (optional)
- 1Bring cream, milk and vanilla seeds to the simmer in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, whisk yolks and sugar in a bowl until pale. Add cream mixture and whisk to combine. Return to pan and stir continuously over medium heat until mixture coats a spoon thickly (4-5 minutes). Remove from heat, add chocolate, whisk until smooth and combined, then divide among six 150ml serving jars or glasses. Refrigerate until completely chilled and set (3 hours). Serve topped with a dollop of créme fraîche, dusted with cocoa, with biscuits for dipping.
This recipe is from the July 2012 issue of .
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesBeef koftas with green couscous and pistachio nutsYesterday 12:00am