- 165 gm golden caster sugar (¾ cup)
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthways
- 500 gm plums, halved and stones removed (about 8)
- 250 gm strawberries, hulls removed and halved
- 1.2 kg sweetened plain yoghurt (see note)
- 1Combine sugar, vanilla bean and ½ cup water in a saucepan and stir over low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium and simmer for 2 minutes, then add plums and simmer for 6 minutes or until plums are tender. Add strawberries, remove from heat and stand at room temperature until cool. Purée one-third of the plum and strawberry mixture in a blender until smooth and set aside. Cover remaining plum and strawberry mixture and refrigerate until required.
- 2Freeze yoghurt in an ice-cream machine according to manufacturer’s instructions, then swirl through puréed plum and strawberry mixture and freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Makes about 2 litres.
- 3To serve, divide remaining plum and strawberry mixture among bowls and top with a scoop of frozen yoghurt.
Note Use a thick and creamy sweetened plain yoghurt, such as honey or vanilla-flavoured, available from supermarkets.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Food NewsAnthea Loucas Bosha named CEO of Food and Wine VictoriaYesterday 11:16pm